I’m beginning a new, week long series at my blog. One I hope you will enjoy reading.
My blog entry from yesterday was very true. Life IS unfair. There are difficult times that we all go through in this journey, called life.
BUT……this series will be different. This series will be about the beauty found in everyday life. The special moments– that transcend the hard times. My hope is that we can all take a moment to appreciate the things in each of our lives, that make life beautiful.
Beginning this series will force me to take the time to observe and appreciate the beauty in the every day. I will be more aware of the little things (or not so little things) that cause me to smile. I’m excited about it. I’m ready. Life really is beautiful…and I want to share it with you.
The sun was just creeping up over the horizon as I walked into the kitchen this morning. The blue, early morning light made the kitchen glow. It is a beautiful, quiet time. Soon the sky was filled with pinks, purples, blues, and reds. The sun never lets me down, as it shares it’s painted colors, boldly splashed across a dark blue sky. At my house the sun comes up over the vast expanse of a farm field that is busily “sleeping” this winter. I like looking at the space that surrounds me. It makes me happy that I escaped the close quarters of city life. Even though the fields are brown right now, I know that there will be life in those rows of dirt in a few short months. It reminds me that life goes on.
The field across the road from me, and directly in my view from the kitchen window…are my neighbor’s llamas. Life is new in that field. I see the small, baby llama with it’s mama. He (or she) looks like a brown cotton ball with teeny stick-like legs. There is something that mesmerizes me about the llamas. I could sit and just watch them all day. It is my little section of the animal kingdom to quietly observe. I hope my neighbors decide to keep llamas forever. I’d be so sad if they left.
I would love it, if my readers would take a moment to write down something that makes life beautiful for them…the comment doesn’t have to be long….or it can be. It is up to you. Help me to see life’s beauty through your eyes.
- Land of Enchantment: Real Snow and a Canyon Sunrise (trifter.com)
- The One That Got Away (findingtampa.wordpress.com)
- Caves, chimney mountains and finally a Hammam – Goreme, Turkey (travelpod.com)
- December 27th 2010 (365pixproject.wordpress.com)
- Sunrise with a Brunello master: Sangiovese is safe in Montalcino (dobianchi.com)
- 2010 (timesunion.com)
- Love Me Love My Llama | The Sacred Valley (jeffpruett.wordpress.com)
- Alpaca Loving (timesunion.com)
- Pictures of an amazing (and cold) day! Altamont’s Live Nativity and Winterfest 2010. (timesunion.com)
- The llama stepped on the tent! – Cajon del Maipo, Chile (travelpod.com)
- 15 Inspiring Real-Life Kitchens Best of 2010 (thekitchn.com)
- What inspires you to write (defyinggravity3.wordpress.com)
- God Is My Refuge (markbyrd.wordpress.com)
- Lessons from the wisemen, 2010 (cathyma.com)
- Reintroducing Beauty and Truth: (brothersjuddblog.com)