Special : readily distinguishable from others of the same category
Some people long for it…others strive their whole life to obtain it….and yet, a few, rare people are just born with it. That special something that makes one unique. That makes one different. That makes that person, absolutely one of a kind.
I’d like to tell you about one such person.
Today is her 75th birthday, and this day I dedicate my blog to celebrating her….. the lady that has had such a huge impact on my life, as well as the lives of my entire family.
My aunt Dorothy.
My cousins and I always knew that she had time for us. When we were very young, and she was our “Dor Dor”, to Aunt Dorothy when we got older…she was the one who took us on Saturday afternoon drives (and got ice cream if were lucky), made sure she was at all the ball games to cheer on whichever child was playing at the time, opened her house as “command central” for multiple family get togethers, birthdays, and holiday celebrations. She attended graduations, celebrated marriages, anticipated the births of new family members.
Her love continued on to the next generation of children.
Aunt Dorothy continues to give us all the valuable gift of time…. Her time. Priceless.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT DOROTHY. HERE IS TO CELEBRATING YOU!
- A Birthday Celebration — Happy Birthday Rowaida! (homedesign.marthastewart.com)
- Happy Birthday Google (techvibes.com)
- Riley the smiling dog celebrates birthday with toothy grin and cupcake (dailymail.co.uk)
- How Important Are Birthdays? (alwaysbcmom.com)
- How to Give Your Girlfriend an Unforgettable Birthday (socyberty.com)
- Day #183: happy birthday to me (sandwhichpatch.wordpress.com)
- Happy Birthdays (socyberty.com)
- Facebook Birthday: Or How I Got Destroyed by Betty White (blogs.forbes.com)