I was reading back through some of my old posts. I came across this one and thought I’d spin off a new post, being that it is the last day of the year… That and I felt like
ending the year on a humorous note.
A cheerful heart is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NIV
So, let’s laugh together…….
1. 2011 was a pretty good year over all.
2. I love living in the country.
3. I think the sky around here is gorgeous.
4. I take a lot of sky pictures.
5. Sky pictures are kind of my thing lately.
6. I’ve collected more antique books.
7. I am fascinated by old history books.
8. Old history books are a great example of how nothing ever stays the same.
9. I’m noticing that I have to dye my hair more frequently than I used to.
10. What is with that?
11. I don’t like gray hair.
12. I still think I am too young for gray hair.
13. I like my new shorter haircut.
14. I wish I looked like I did when I was 23.
15. When everything was where it is supposed to be.
16. Gravity is not my friend.
17. I got a new nail buffer this year. It is so cool.
18. My nails look beautiful.
19. I need a new bed pillow.
20. I want a memory foam pillow. Yes, I do.
21. I have a new Kindle Fire. I am already addicted.
22. I might require an intervention later this year over that.
23. I love to eat eggs for breakfast.
24. My husband and I think we need to get chickens to feed my addiction.
25. I would like fresh eggs.
26. Is it normal to start hearing one’s bones creak when one moves around?
27. Maybe I just shouldn’t listen.
28. I love blogging.
29. I read every comment my readers make.
30. Only one commenter has ever bugged me.
31. I love my family.
32. Even if they are weird.
33. And some days they really are.
34. Just sayin’.
35. Black granite shows fingerprints. A lot.
36. I clean black granite. A lot.
37. As well as stainless steel. A lot.
38. I enjoy my kitchen.
39. The Amish are wonderful craftsmen.
40. I mention them because they built the kitchen cabinets.
41. I love the family pets.
42. Even when they steal the food bowl and cause some one to track it down somewhere in the yard.
43. Or the field behind the yard.
44. Where do we keep the nail gun?
45. Not that I’d ever nail the bowl to the deck.
46. It was just a thought.
47. I always lose at the ABC game on road trips.
48. I almost always can’t find “K”.
49. I like candles.
50. I would use candles all the time.
51. But, I can’t because I like electricity too much.
52. My son turned 16 in the Spring.
53. I’m now officially old.
54. He is driving a motor vehicle.
55. He is doing a great job.
56. That is more than I can say for my self at that age.
57. My son got Lonnie from the Humane Society this year.
58. Lonnie is a terrier mix extraordinaire.
59. I talk to Lonnie on a regular basis…and he talks back.
60. I love that dog.
61. I am politically conservative.
62. Yes, I watch Fox News.
63. And yes, I like it!
64. I would never run for political office.
65. This is because I wouldn’t want my past delved into.
66. I have to wonder what I was thinking when I was 21-23 years old?!
67. Obviously, not a lot of thinking was going on.