My alarm clock went off at 7am. I heard the thunder in the distance.
I listened. I heard it coming closer.
Then I heard the rain.
A nice sound, early in the morning.
After about an hour and a half, I decided it was safe enough to walk the dog.
There was a huge, dark, wall cloud at the front of the house. I could still hear thunder and see lightning in the distance.
I told Lonnie to hurry up.
I was fascinated with the clouds. I am a storm watcher. I did not like being the tallest thing in the field, when I could see lightning…even if it wasn’t right near me. I didn’t want to take any chances, so I squatted down with the dog and reminded him again that he needed to get the show on the road so we could go back inside.
I took him back inside and grabbed my camera.
I ran back outside and snapped some pictures, even though in just a few minutes the clouds had already changed and moved.
I do love summertime storms.
- It was a dark and stormy night… (dwwriter.wordpress.com)
- Stormy Weather (growingyoungereachday.wordpress.com)
- Struck By Lightning While Running (almost) (hurtalittle.com)
- 245: Stormy weather (bogsofohio.wordpress.com)
- Let it Rain – Thought on a Stormy Day (lifechngr.com)