The end of the mouse story….for now.
This is how the whole macabre scene went down.
Nikki saw her opportunity and pounced. She got the mouse in her mouth and carried it off to the front foyer. I watched. She was looking for someplace to drop it. The mouse was still alive. She pawed it and got it in her mouth again. The mouse ended up getting loose. At this point I had the broom in hand. The mouse ran behind the bag of dog food. I swatted it out the other side where Nikki was waiting. The mouse saw Nikki and did a 360 in the middle of the floor. My daughter and son came running when they heard their mother scream. We cornered the mouse, but for having nearly lost his life with Nikki, he was still very quick.
At this point the mouse was scared out of his wits and came charging (can a mouse charge?) right at me. I let out an ear piercing scream and gave him the smack down with the kitchen broom. It temporarily stunned him, but before any of us could do anything, he shook it off and ran into the dining room behind the piano. Oh great! We scooted the piano out and he ran into the half bath, under the sink.
At this point my daughter checked out the bathroom and spotted him behind the trash can. He then ran under the sink cabinet and my son and daughter cornered him under there. Billy the Exterminator would be so proud. I’m so glad we home school so my kiddos could learn strategy this morning. How to trap a mouse under the bathroom sink 101. After about 10 minutes of manipulating the glue and spring traps and waiting him out…the mouse tried to make a dash, only to be caught fast in the glue.
Daughter took the mouse and trap outside to let him loose in the wild—-away from the house! He probably had a nervous breakdown and will most assuredly have a limp, but at least he is outside. He has a second chance…or third? ……or fourth? at life. He better take it and run far, far away. Next time he might not be so lucky! If I had my way he would be in mouse heaven right now. Just sayin’.
- Survival Of The Fittest – Part 2 (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Simply NOT Acceptable (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- The mouse trap (jambujoseph.com)
- Little little mousey, stop nibbling at my housey! (sunflowerdiva.wordpress.com)
- Creepy Mouse Girl Predicts That 2011 Will Be Amazing (laughingsquid.com)
- The Mousetrap (anukp.wordpress.com)
- Life Size Mouse Trap Hits The Road (laughingsquid.com)
- Those Pesky Rodents! (thevalleyvoice.org)
- It’s Behind The Refrigerator! (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- There Is Always Quiet Before The Storm… (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Mouse Babies: ‘I Have Two Daddies!’ (livescience.com)
- Mouse in my House (ask.metafilter.com)