(Image by sonjalovas via Flickr)
Today, I was reading through some of my old blog posts.
I came across this poem that I wrote last year.
There is just something about summer time……
Front porches, tree lined streets,
hometown parades, ice cream treats.
Lightning bugs, stars at night,
running barefoot, tea on ice.
Shucking corn, bumblebees
curtains blowing in the breeze.
Lemonade, country roads,
windows down, lawns need mowed.
Just washed linens smell like sun,
staying up late, having fun.
Coke in a bottle, feet in the sand,
old friendships, lots of plans.
- Lightning Bugs (romancingthebee.com)
- let summer begin… (kindnessgirl.com)
- Our 2012 Summer Bucket List! (mommablogsalot.com)
- God’s creations (torishaw.blogspot.com)
- What a Bogged Down Girl in Nebraska Feels When She Sees Lightning Bugs for the First Time. (multiplesofamber.wordpress.com)
- Dinner in the Garden (kathskitchensync.wordpress.com)