Today at Faith Barista we are discussing the gift of hospitality.
The dictionary tells us that hospitality is—
I could go get my etiquette book by Emily Post and discuss with you the intricacies of how to show proper hospitality. (while being completely dignified and refined, of course) I also have a complete set of Southern Living books that show the most beautiful pictures of home decor and extravagant and mouth watering meals to prepare for ones guests.
Both of these books would do a fine job of showing me how to hold the correct dinner fork, have witty and interesting conversation with my guests, and how to decorate my house like it’s ready to be photographed for a magazine spread.
But, would I be showing real hospitality? Would my guests feel comfortable? Would they want to return to visit with me again?
- What Does the Bible Say About Orphans? (intimategoddotorg.wordpress.com)
- The Reward of Being a Welcoming People — A Sermon (pastorbobcornwall.blogspot.com)
- The Stewardship of Priorities (dennywright.wordpress.com)
- Sweet To The Soul (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Cool Idea: Home Decorating Ideas From a Book Signing (casasugar.com)
- Radical hospitality (jbclements.wordpress.com)