It’s A Wonderful Life is one of my favorite Christmas classics. I have to watch it every year around this time. In the movie
Travers in his most memorable role, as Clarence Odbody in It’s a Wonderful Life (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
George wants to die because he thinks his life isn’t worth living…that it would be better if he had never been born.
There are days like that for all of us, huh? Maybe not to the extent that George felt it, but we all have times where we struggle, and wonder the “why’s” out loud? It’s easy to see the hardness of life, if we don’t make a concentrated effort to see the good.
Clarence, George’s guardian angel, tells him, “You see George, you’ve really had a wonderful life. Don’t you see what a mistake it would be to just throw it away?”
Clarence and George were just characters in a movie, but there is truth in what they say.
Life has its up’s and down’s, that is for sure, I am definitely not here to debate that fact. Regardless, life does give us much to be thankful for.
It has to do with perspective and where we choose to look.
Remind yourself daily of all the things for which you are thankful…….
and then pass the popcorn and hot chocolate, the movie is about to start.
Today I am thankful for:
* friends of all ages
* going on a Christmas House Tour
* twinkling lights
* spur of the moment “dates” with my husband
* laughing together
* children that make me smile
* children that drive me crazy
* kisses on rough, stubbly faces
* asking questions
* friends that know Jesus
* planning a classic movie night with girlfriends
* seeing that there truly can be joy after mourning
* home made fudge
* singing Christmas songs along with Pandora
* the smell of freshly ground coffee
* beautiful Christmas decor
* heavy fog on a warm December morning
* living in “the sticks”
* wide open spaces
* Jesus, my Savior
* knowing that because HE lives, I can face tomorrow
- Christmas in a Small Town – It’s a Wonderful Life (joanneeddy.com)
- Holiday Traditions (goingtoseedinzone5.wordpress.com)
- “It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!” (faithandfilms.wordpress.com)
- The Greatest Gift (earth-rider.com)
- Jesus Messiah (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- A Thankful Heart (beverlyfarr.wordpress.com)