Yesterday was the long drive back home. My family and I spent this past week visiting with relatives that live in another state. It was heartwarming, fun, and memories were made. Today will be the business of getting back into a routine, unpacking a weeks worth of clothes and starting laundry. I’ve already begun to think about this coming weekend and the beginning of a new year. These few days of the old, always seems to hold such promise. What will the new year bring? Excitement? Personal gain? Love? New friendships? Sadness? Tragedy? One just never knows. For me, the new year always holds excitement mixed with a little apprehension. It’s the not knowing that makes me pause.
I’m not much into New Years resolutions. I think they cause too much pressure. I’m the type to write goals out on a daily and weekly basis anyway.
This year I’ve learned the art of being thankful. I’m still learning…and, I suppose I will continue to learn the lessons of thankfulness until I take my last breath on this side of Heaven. One would think being thankful would be easier considering how much there is to be thankful for. Why is it that most of the time we see the holes in our lives, the less than, the lacking, the unfortunate….and we concentrate on those things? Why not focus on all that is good in life? Really, there is so very much. Thankfulness continues to be my goal as I begin a new year…not as a resolution that will fade from existence by the first of February…but, a resolve to see all the ways that I am blessed.
- A Commentary On…New Year’s Resolutions (acommentaryon.wordpress.com)
- 7 Relationship-Boosting Resolutions to Make As a Couple… (psychcentral.com)
- Goal Setting for the New Year (missriki.wordpress.com)
- Resolutions for 2012 – The Prelude (firsthomediva.wordpress.com)
- The New Year´s Countdown (bye bye to traditional Resolution Lists) (thefeelbetterproject.wordpress.com)
- Celebrating 2011 (dropsofsummer.wordpress.com)