No sunlight pouring through the windows this morning. Gray clouds, looking like rain.
I turned a lamp on in the living room, and its light puddles on the table. I like lamps. They make me feel warm and cozy.
I have my cinnamon and spice candle burning this morning. Smells good. Warm. Like Fall.
I’m seeing more trees releasing their green for shades of yellow and orange.
It’s amazing how calm I feel at this time of the year.Peaceful.
Most days of life are full throttle into hectic. Time pressure. To do lists.
In Autumn I feel the collective sigh of nature. Finishing up the heat of the summer, relaxing before the bitter of winter.
All of nature vibrantly cries out to the Creator…as the days lead up to Thanksgiving.
So very thankful for this time of year.
“Lord prepare me, to be a sanctuary… pure and holy…tried and true. With thanksgiving, I’ll be a living…sanctuary, for You.”
Today I am thankful for:
*petting the dog
*children who are working quietly on their school work
*good morning kiss with husband
*all my heavy duty cleaning done last week
*a more relaxing day
*hammock on the deck
*new, fuzzy slippers
*Fall colors out my front window
*farmers harvesting corn
*the sound of tractors
- Pull Up a Chair (firedoglake.com)
- Fall is in the air (graceandlife.wordpress.com)
- Enjoy It and Soak It In (christopherscottblog.typepad.com)
- Thankful Thursdays! (fellowshiproom.org)
- Autumn Decor: Pumpkin Look Alike Lamp (casasugar.com)
- Celebrating Autumn (inkspeare.wordpress.com)
- Some Observations on Non-Electric Lighting, by Ron B. (survivalblog.com)