The moments of 2014 are winding down. I always feel introspective at this time of year, because I realize that I am closing one chapter of my life, even as I open a new one.
There will never be another 2014. Time doesn’t slow down, not even a little bit.
This year I have attempted to be more aware of the moments, and to reflect on what they mean to me. I thought through some of those moments, moments that turned into days……days that helped create my life.
The Top Ten Things I Learned In 2014
1. No one is perfect. When a person makes a mistake….he/she needs a second chance.
2. True friendship often times involves some sacrifice of time and energy. Relationship is worth the sacrifice.
3. Kindness towards others is never wasted.
4. My husband appreciates the small, daily things that I do for him. I need to remember the little things I do in life, often times make a big difference.
5. When a child goes off to college, there is a mixture of both joy and pain. The relationship is changing, and I have to find a new groove, and that is okay.
6. Good health is overlooked, until something happens. Appreciate it more.
7. Mornings are quietly beautiful, a perfect time for contemplation.
8. Love truly does cover a multitude of sins. Love even if it is difficult.
9. God knows me. He knows everything about me, and He loves me anyway. That is powerful.
10. Time is precious, and a valuable commodity. Use it wisely.
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity. Proverbs 17:17