Thankfulness is knowing what you have and appreciating it. It is looking around with eyes wide open, seeing all the blessings in each day. Sometimes the blessings are disguised and difficult to see, and yet they are there. Waiting.
Summer is winding down, and school will start back in a few weeks. The bright greens of summer will begin to fade and the golds of Autumn will dot the hillsides.
Time moves on…sometimes slowly, sometimes with lightning speed.
Grab the moments. Each and every one.
Today I am thankful for:
* quiet evenings on the deck
* the sound of geese as they fly over
* the slow glide of the red tailed hawk
* good conversation
* riding around listening to the radio
* church friends
* fuzzy kitten stampedes
* doggie nuzzles
* emails from family
* the health of family members
* new exercise equipment
* walks around the property
* the first taste from the garden
* blazing sunsets
* amazing clouds
* old barns
* smiles and inside jokes
* the smell of my husband’s coffee brewing
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6
- Red Tailed Hawks Take Flight (marysblack.wordpress.com)
- 5 at Home Workouts for Women, that any lady can do! (epicahealth.com)
- Summer’s A Blessing (Wrote in 2009) (candilynn1983.wordpress.com)
- Be Thankful (afriendofjesus2013.com)
- Truly Blessed (fuelingalife.wordpress.com)
Thanks and God bless you for the mention on your blog!! 🙂
Thanks for the reminder … sometimes it takes opening our eyes to the little things to remember that, even in the tough times, life is pretty good.
Thanks for reposting the baby hawk video!