My husband and I just returned from our trip to Costa Rica. The company that he works for had their annual Summit in Tamarindo, Costa Rica this year. Luckily for me, spouses and significant others were also encouraged to attend. It was great, and we really enjoyed our time there. All of us were very aware that time is felt a little differently in that area, and we teasingly referred to it as “Tamarindo time”. Life slowed down, and became more casual. Schedules were only loosely used, and there wasn’t the normal frantic pace of having to get everything done.
Today I am thankful for:
* the chance to slow down
* breathtaking sunsets
* new friends
* Chef Derek and staff
* kindness of the locals
* learning the stories of others
* bare feet
* pineapple and fresh fruit
* monkeys that woke me up each morning at 5am
* safe travel
* TV and movies on the plane
* no lost luggage
* driving down the road to home
* animals that are glad we arrived
* sleeping in my own bed
* unpacking and washing clothes
* early afternoon, summer storm
* Costa Rican coffee
Life is good.
Each day, each moment, is a gift.
I am grateful for it all.
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens… Ecclesiastes 3:1 NIV
- Things to Do in Tamarindo, Costa Rica (livestrong.com)
- Top Ten Ways to Spend your Costa Rican Vacation (epicatravel.com)
- Costa Rican Cuisine (wilkesincostarica.wordpress.com)
- Walking Across a Border – Nicaragua to Costa Rica (60literlife.com)