Why is it that when I want to have good habits, healthy habits, interesting habits…it is so hard? Sigh. Oh, the bad habits, I’ve got that covered. They are not a problem, I know those habits, oh so well. I wish that was not the case. Sigh, again.
I want to eat better, exercise more…be healthy. I want to read more and travel more. I want to try new things and meet new people. I overwhelm myself with all that I WANT. Now, I’m not saying wanting these things is all bad. It’s not. I think God wants for me to have an exceptional life and to live abundantly…but, what does that really mean? For, me? For, you? On a daily basis, where habits are formed?
What, out of my myriad list of things that I’d like to change from once in a while, hit or miss attempts, into habits, do I choose? What is the habit that is the most important? The one habit that, if I’d stick with it, would literally change my life?
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10 ESV
And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6 ESV
Obviously, as a believer, Jesus has things planned for me. Good things. Things that will make me more like Him, and after all, isn’t that the goal? To be more like Him, every day?
To know Jesus, more.
How do I do that? In practical ways? In meaningful ways? In real ways?
1. Communicate- Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
2. Celebrate- Colossians 2:6-7 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.
3. Emulate- Philippians 2:5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus
- Just Give Me Jesus (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- A Prayer Factory for a Heart (theologyaspoetry.wordpress.com)
- Faith Child – Gaining victory (ptl2010.com)