My laundry room is a mess. Not only is this the place that overflows with dirty clothes and linens, but it also is the place
where everyone takes off their boots and shoes before entering the house. This includes boots that have been in the barn and the chicken coop. Um…..it can get yucky. It seems I am constantly sweeping and cleaning the floor, only to have it quickly messed up all over again.
I take life lessons where I can get them….sweeping up the dirt of life. The dirt is everywhere, isn’t it? Just when we think everything is in order, life gets dirty again. It is when the messiness is overwhelming, I realize that I am incapable of making things right. I’ve never been able to make things right, not really. I cry out to the One who is able to put things in order.
He is ever patient with me.
And for that I am thankful and forever grateful.
Today I am thankful for:
* wet, soggy Monday
* white twinkling Christmas lights
* Ghiradelli chocolate
* my dirty chickens that give me lovely eggs
* Ace who walks by my side and “patrols” the perimeter of the house
* Lonnie dog next to the Christmas tree
* Nikki who follows me around and purrs loudly
* my husband who loves me in spite of myself
* children who are healthy and funny and messy
* friends that come into my life
* singing Christmas carols without music
* dirty laundry room floors that remind me of God
* Emmanuel—God with us
- Tips for a Crisp Clean Laundry Room (samsung.com)
- Cat Lick and a Promise (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)
- Deck the Halls – Holiday Decorating Safety Tips – Rent.com | The Shared Wall (rent.com)