Sometimes when life seems overwhelming, and the to do list isn’t close to getting done…
When the vehicle needs a new part, and the appointment needs rescheduled…
My students need my time and the lessons aren’t quite done…
The floor needs vacuumed and the tables dusted…
The urgent screams loudly and the world spins in a frenzy.
And my head feels full of all the stuff.
Slow down. Open your eyes! Look around. The things to be thankful for are there.
Lord, please help me to never stop looking. Never stop seeing. I never want to be blind to all that is.
Today is the perfect day to be thankful for:
* taking my son to school
* purple streaks of sky splashed on the horizon
* the miracles in nature
* the night sky in the country–diamonds on black velvet
* the chill in the air as Fall erupts in color
* golden trees shimmering in early morning light
* wet dog noses
* singing in the car
* my sweet husband laying next to me
* a clean living room
* a full day of opportunity
* a new pitcher of tea
* baby llamas that couldn’t be any cuter
* Christmas catalogs in the mailbox
* Peanuts videos, looking forward to the holiday cartoon “classics”
* safe travel
* visits with family
* children that want to be with me
* friends, near and far
* Jesus who knows me, all of me, and yet loves me still
* He who creates
* The One who forgives
* God is good
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17 NIV