1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::
I want to join, I want to be a part….
I want to belong.
Don’t we all have those thoughts at some point or another?
When I was kid I wanted to be invited to the slumber parties.
When I was a teen it was the after school clubs.
In college a sorority.
As an adult…acceptance by my colleagues, and my boss.
As a wife…joining my husband on the adventure of a lifetime.
As a mother it was knowing “the secrets” of motherhood and being able to share with my friends.
I, like many of you, have spent my life wanting to join.
All these things are fine. There is nothing wrong with being a part of a group, a club, a relationship.
Being a part, is healthy and good…… no one can be alone, on their own….forever….because, well, it’s lonely.
We are not made to be alone.
It was right around my 11th birthday when I joined the family.
My heavenly Father invited me in…and I accepted. Life changed for me, at that moment.
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener”….. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing…..”
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. John 15: 1,5,9 NIV
- In Need Of Rest (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Throwing A Slumber Party for Your Daughter (personalcreations.com)
- Acceptance (wiselittlenuggets.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Connect (jaggedgracecreations.wordpress.com)