1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
OK, are you ready? Please give me your best five minutes on: Expectation
I tend to have high expectations. There is nothing wrong with that on most days….
But, sometimes it can backfire.
Expectations. Standards. Measurement.
An imperfect person in an imperfect world. I set the bar and try to meet the expectation(s) that I have for myself. The “list” is in my head…. but,what I want and what I do, do not always match. As a matter of fact, many times they are not even close.
For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Romans 7: 18-19 NIV
How many times have I felt this way? Paul said it all, didn’t he? We all have expectations. We try. We fail…..but, we keep on going.
Paul later wrote to his young friend, Timothy:
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7 NIV
I think I’m going to chance my expectation. It will be short and sweet.
Just stay in the race.
- Run. (thechapeldirt.wordpress.com)
- Ohio teen runner helps carry competitor to finish (wistv.com)
- Running The Race: A Marathon, Not A Sprint (jesusnsports.wordpress.com)