1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:
I have to laugh, the first thing I thought of when I saw Grit, was the movie, True Grit. That led me to thinking about John Wayne.
Then I thought about sand and how difficult it is to clean sand and grit out of clothes, when one is at the beach.
Thirdly, I was reminded of my days living in the South, and how all breakfast meals are served with a side of grits.
Hmmmmm….. I’m having one of those sort of days. My thoughts are a jumble. Sigh.
Grit…. it’s a great word for life. Isn’t it? Grit is the rough patches in the daily life. The irritating. The stuff that rubs the wrong way.
We all have to deal with it.
What do I do when life gets gritty?
Go to the one that can count all the grains of sand. All the things that cause grit in my life. The ONLY one that understands it all.
Psalm 139 talks about how God is with me…..and the passage ends with these two verses:
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would out number the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.
Thank you, Lord!
- 5 minute friday ~ grit (hopefuldays.wordpress.com)
- What are You Thinking About? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Grains Of Gold In The Sand (rosesonthornystalks.wordpress.com)