Emmanuel… “God With Us”.
That was the name of the church.
Over two decades of my life were spent in this place,
the small stone church with the bright red doors.
Memories of years gone by, spent with family and friends.
A place where I learned about Jesus and His love.
As so often happens, time takes its toll.
The church building is older. The name is no longer the same.
A new congregation sits within its walls.
Although it is different now in many ways,
one thing has stayed the same.
People still go there to learn about Jesus and His love for them.
Buildings change, pastors come and go, people are born, people die…
but the church, is the body of Christ’s followers.
Stone walls cannot hold them in,
the love of Christ spills out, onto a broken world
where individuals are desperate to know Him…
and His love.
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of Godmay be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV
- Becoming a Disciple Building Church with First Century Power (mudpreacher.org)
- She Is Radiant And I Will Defend Her To My Death (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- The Church Jesus is Building (ourcommunityatfbcdc.wordpress.com)
- I Am with You Always (faithtwins.wordpress.com)
- Thinking like God thinks (samisaacson.wordpress.com)