It all began back in the cold, gray days of January.
Learning all the ways to be thankful…
One Thousand Gifts, a book whose words resonated deeply within me…
I’m currently on #842.
I could have written more…..so much more.
This Thanksgiving I am making a point to go back.
To reread all the hundreds of things I’ve written over this past year.
All the things that I am thankful for. All the things that bring me joy. All the things that God has blessed me with.
The good, and the not-so-good at the time…
all turn out to be the best for me, under God’s loving hand.
Writing all my “eucharisteo” down this year, has been the best thing I could have done.
It is an accomplishment. It has humbled me. It has made me realize something…
I am far more blessed than I realized…
and infinitely more blessed than I deserve.
I plan on continuing this life lesson.
I’m too far in, to quit now. I’ll reach one thousand by the end of the year.
Then I’ll work on two thousand, then three, because I know something, now.
I will never get to the end.
The ways to thank just keep coming.
God is that good.
“Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him all creatures, here below.
Praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts,
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. A-men.” -Doxology
- The art of thanksgiving (garrickdconner.com)
- One Thousand Gifts (fathomlessmystery.wordpress.com)
- Thanksgiving 2011 (lynhallewell.wordpress.com)
- A Thousand Flutters … Of Grace (athousandflutters.wordpress.com)
- Even in hard times: One thousand gifts #108-118 (graceformymess.com)
- Thankful (kristenspina.wordpress.com)