Weekends are made for wandering…
enjoying a slower pace…
Touching— I’m attending the holiday open house at Finders Keepers, in town. I love home decor and so this place is right up my alley. Everyone has been telling me that I need to check this place out. What better time than when it’s decorated for Christmas?
Tasting— When it’s cold outside, there is nothing better than some homemade cocoa. Chocolate and marshmallows. I mean, really, is there anything else?
Smelling— I bought some new candles that smell like sugar cookies. This is a win, win situation for me. I can enjoy the yummy smell of cookies even when I’m not baking.
Hearing— The wind blowing against the house. I like where I live, but had no idea when we were building our house just how windy it was here. I used to have eight different wind chimes. Beautiful wind chimes. Lovely wind chimes. I do enjoy my wind chimes. After two years here, I have one wind chime, with all its pieces still intact. I need to create an indestructible wind chime that can withstand gale force winds. Just sayin’.
Seeing —Okay, I admit it. I love The Hallmark Channel. They are starting the countdown to Christmas this weekend. I don’t really like to “start” Christmas this early because I enjoy Thanksgiving and don’t want to rush things….but, I do love the Christmas movies, even with my husband’s rolling of the eyes. I don’t care how cheesy the movies are either. So there.
Have a wonderful weekend, my friends…..
slow down and enjoy your moments.
- The Bone Chimes- Friday Flash (melissalwebb.wordpress.com)
- Wind Chimes (greymatterdiaries.wordpress.com)
- Brighten Up Your Life with Decorative Lighting from StylishHomeDecorating.com (prweb.com)
- Hallmark Channel’s ‘Countdown to Christmas’ Kicks Off with Ratings Bonanza (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- Hallmark Encouraging people to Give Thanks this Thanksgiving (eagleviews.org)
- Victorian Christmas in Nevada City (prweb.com)
- Honoring Thanksgiving (glutenfreeinga.wordpress.com)
- “The Christmas Card” in Nevada City (prweb.com)