I just finished reading Ann Voskamp’s blog post for today.
I could not stop the tears that streamed down my cheeks as I read.
God is there,
and God is here…
and who am I not to see Him?
How many times do I go through my days, only to be too busy to meet with Christ?
How many times do I squeeze in my time with Him because I feel an obligation?
Instead of longing to come into the presence of The Almighty, aware of this privilege, I barely bow my head .
And my spirit withers,
parched and dry…
desperately needing to stand in the rain
of the Living Water.
37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” John 7: 37-38 NIV
When I am thirsty,
I need to drink deeply from Him,
like a woman who has spent far too long in the desert.
Because it is when I am full in Christ,
that I am able to reach out to others…
because love always flows from a full heart.
- Waterfalls, the Sound of God (freedomarc.wordpress.com)
- The Sound of Many Waters (godlovesteenagers.com)
- Banos – Banos, Ecuador, Ecuador (travelpod.com)
- Taking Another Drink (duplexgratia.wordpress.com)
- Living Water (jlue.wordpress.com)
- C. H. Spurgeon – Morning Meditation, November 8th (brokenheartedboldness.wordpress.com)