Okay people….I know it is only August 30th. I also know that regardless of the ACTUAL beginning day of Fall on the calendar, I consider Labor Day the time to begin decorating. The night temperature actually got down to 57 degrees here. This means that Fall is right around the corner. It had better be! After a long, hot summer, I am more than ready for the days ahead.
I’m ready to pull out blankets and fluff pillows.
Get out all my apple spice, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie scented candles.
I will begin dreaming of pumpkins and gourds.
Cool days and chilly nights.
The sound of tractors as they move through the fields.
Corn shocks put up the old fashioned way by the Amish.
Meandering drives through back country roads.
The smell of wood smoke.
Walks through the woods.
Leaves in fiery shades of orange, red, and yellow.
Hot chocolate or mocha lattes.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
- The Pumpkin Pie Dress Dress / 3 Ways To Wear It (abeautifulmess.typepad.com)
- Roundup: Pumpkins and Gourds (casasugar.com)
- Decorating Indoors…Pumpkins (notjustrockets.com)
- All Things Fall (lifesafunnything.wordpress.com)
- Whole Foods Labor Day Deal! (charlestoncitypaper.com)