The view from my front porch at 6:30 in the morning.
My camera cannot do justice to the beauty of the sunrise.
The pinks and purples creeping past the horizon…
The morning begins in peaceful quietness.
As I stood on the porch snapping pictures, this verse came to mind–
22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3 NIV
And after that verse, one my favorite hymns…
- “Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
- “Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!”
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
“Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!
- Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
- Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
- Lord, You are here (graceformymess.com)
- Lamentations 3:22-26 (NIV) (lwharper.wordpress.com)
- Great is thy Faithfulness…. (trishborgdorff.wordpress.com)
- Hope for the heart (pastorayres.wordpress.com)
- Simple Acts Of Faith (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Do You Have a Front Porch? (casasugar.com)
- Compassionate is our Lord (musingsofbn.wordpress.com)