Up early this morning….
Stumbled out of bed, still half asleep.
I slipped through the house, in the half dark.
Quiet and still.
Then I saw it.
And I stopped and stared.
The barest sliver of glowing light against the darkness.
I watched as the pink sun made it’s morning debut.
Who knew that a star could be so beautiful?
14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth… Genesis 1 KJV
- one of the first places to see the sunrise – East Cape, New Zealand (travelpod.com)
- Sunrise (thevirtualrealityofstaci.wordpress.com)
- Sunrising Morning (theborgpoet.wordpress.com)
- City Sunrises and Small Mercies (eclecticsea.com)
- Lights in the Firmament (lfeng1013.wordpress.com)