The plan is to paint a piece of wood, that my husband has in the garage, with chalkboard paint. We (I told my husband I would appreciate his help with this part) will then attach it to the back of the frame. I will have a cool looking chalkboard/memo board when this is done. Old school function and aesthetics.
One old wooden picture frame sanded down. Two coats of robin’s egg blue spray paint. A coat of clear gloss sealer. A leftover piece of thin wood from the garage. A couple coats of chalkboard paint. Attach to back of frame. Add a piece of chalk (an entire box at Wmart is only 78 cents) and an eraser. Then add a cute inspirational message on the board. Perfect.
The other project I currently have under way is this.
I’m going to paint the jars today. I plan on using my jars as candle holders. Perfect for Fall……
Hopefully, by next Tuesday I will have both projects finished for you to see.
- Do You Have a Chalkboard in Your Home? (casasugar.com)
- Making Your Own Decorative Mirror Frames (homeandgardenideas.com)
- 5 Quick Tips For Painting a Chalkboard Wall (casasugar.com)
- Trend Alert: Chalkboards (casasugar.com)
- The Chalkboard Bandwagon (kentkitchenworks.wordpress.com)
- Picture Frame Tray* (frillyfabulous.com)
- Picture Frames (keepitcrafty.wordpress.com)
- Cool Idea: Lego Frame (casasugar.com)
- Ladders and frames. (thishomesweethome.blogspot.com)
- I’m Baaa-aaaack! (catherineslife20.wordpress.com)