I came across this quote today in one of my favorite books. The words made me stop and think.
All I have seen— The vastness of space and the brilliance of the stars. The slight movement of the chest with each breathe. Ultrasounds with little hands and feet. The sun in the sky. Earthworms that aerate the ground. Family. Unique faces. Morning Glories and Venus Flytraps. Fruit and seeds. The Earth orbiting in space. Microscopic organisms. Platypus. Cat whiskers. The twinkle of the eye. The dexterity of my hands. Thumbprints. DNA.
teaches me to trust— (verb) Believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of
the Creator— Who is, and was and is to come. Whose very words speak all into existence…who continually creates something out of nothing. He who understands the miracle, fills the void, and bridges the chasm.
for all I have not seen. –All those things for which I have no answer, the things that my finite mind cannot understand. Thoughts, feelings, circumstances beyond my control. The things too large for me to comprehend, or too small for me to observe. Things not seen by me, but are always known to the All Knowing.
1 You have searched me, LORD,
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain. Psalm 139 NIV
- Ralph Waldo Emerson, John Keats, and the race to make the most of a short life. (slate.com)
- Happy glampers (news.bbc.co.uk)
- Poetry of Ralph Waldo Emerson part 1- ALPHONSO OF CASTILE (songbirdgold.wordpress.com)
- Caring for Venus Flytraps (mycityshy.com)
- 13 Ralph Waldo Emerson Quotes That Transformed My Life (dumblittleman.com)
- Happy Friendship day (vault9.net)
- Warfare (sabinspirations.wordpress.com)