The Midwest has been under a record breaking heat wave. The heat index in my area has reached as high as 110 degrees this week. The news people are warning everyone to stay inside, turn on the a/c, and drink lots of water.
I felt like I should interrupt this miserable heat for a brief, and much needed, commercial break. On that note I bring you the cool, icy thoughts of winter. Snow falling. Ice forming. Freezing cold toes and nose. Snow men and sled rides, mittens and gray skies.
I think I can feel myself cooling down already. Some more ice for my tea, please?
This commercial is brought to you by January in Ohio.
The road to home…
Ice covered trees, so pretty.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
And now a word from our sponsors.
Bark. Woof. Give us a treat….Puh-leeze?!
Now, back to your regularly scheduled program. Think cool thoughts!
- Not Sweating the Heat Wave? Try the 10 Hottest Places on Earth (newsfeed.time.com)
- Heat wave: Try to keep your cool, Columbus (dispatch.com)
- Heat Wave Hit’s 18+ States (survivalfarm.wordpress.com)
- Midwest Heat Wave Expected to Persist This Week (abcnews.go.com)
- Stubborn heat wave blankets two-thirds of U.S. (cbsnews.com)
- East Coast Braces for Heat Wave Blanketing Midwest (foxnews.com)
- Heat makes Upper Midwest long for return of winter (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- In heat wave, wintry states wish for some December (sasrai.wordpress.com)
- Follow heat wave across the US in NOAA animation (boingboing.net)
- 13 Dead as Heat Wave Broils US (newser.com)