It is a hot, humid, sticky, stifling Monday morning in west central Ohio. I know there are a lot of people dealing with temperatures much hotter than the 90’s, but it’s still hot, regardless. I could gripe about the heat (and I probably will, because I am not above whining), but I will begin today’s blog with being thankful that we have a working air conditioner in the house.
The last severe heat wave we had, the air conditioner was not working. We couldn’t catch a breeze and I was quickly melting in a pool of sweat. It was a gross and disgusting scene. Just trust me on that. Moist skin, hair plastered to my head, and a sweat mustache are not my most beautiful look. Needless to say, I was happy to see the temps eventually drop. Now, this week, I am looking at 95 degree temps again.
Have I mentioned that I enjoy the laid back spirit of summer? But, not so laid back that I drop over dead on the lawn from heat stroke. Just sayin’. Don’t waste your time telling me I am a heat wimp…because I won’t even fight you on that point. I will just agree with you and then request that you go and get me some more ice cubes for my tea…..or fan me……or spray me with the water hose. That’s just how I roll.
The dog days of summer are very real at my house. The outside dogs just lay around in the shade, and pant a lot. I make sure their water bowls are always full. I tell them to drink up. I’m seriously considering buying them a kiddy pool. They can lay around in it and I can bring them their water bowls with little umbrellas in them.
I’m already thinking ahead. Three months from now will be October 18th. Aaahhh….cool days and crisp nights. My perfect season…..Autumn, I miss you. Please hurry. Before I melt.
Well, it’s off to find something to wear today. Something cool…..but, still decent. And legal.
I’m thankful this Monday morning for…..
*working air conditioner
*a to do list, and the ability to do
*my husband’s job
*the possibility of rain
*A heavenly Father who loves me
*That sad times never last
*That there are golden moments in each day
- Summer Crafting: Ice Cube Bracelet (blogher.com)
- Some Very “Cool” Ice Cubes (mapetitemaisonverte.wordpress.com)
- Ice Cube Trays (nytimes.com)
- Geeky Gamer Coolers – Stay Chilled During Heat Waves with the Space Invaders Ice Tray (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Home & Office : Ice Attacks! Ice Cube Tray (thinkgeek.com)
- Keepin’ it Cool: How the Air Conditioner Made Modern America (theatlantic.com)
- Heat-Beating Tips From NYC Office Of Emergency Management; Cooling Centers Open Tuesday (preprod.cbslocal.com)
- Heat Wave In Central U.S. Shows No Signs Of Ending (huffingtonpost.com)
- Life Before The Air Conditioner (cousinsair.wordpress.com)
- Heatstroke deaths quadruple as nation shuns air conditioners (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- Big-time heat on the way (thegazette.com)
- Heat wave in central US shows no signs of ending (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Heat Wave Hits Much Of The United States This Weekend (huffingtonpost.com)
- Hot, sticky weather blankets parts of Canada (ctv.ca)
- Upper Midwest swelters with high temperatures, humidity (cnn.com)
- Loretta Lynn Recovering at Home From Dehydration (abcnews.go.com)
- ESPN Sues Ohio State, Claims School Violated State Public Records Law (huffingtonpost.com)
- Upper Midwest swelters with high temperatures, humidity – CNN (news.google.com)
I’m with ya on the heat… my neighbor and I went for a walk at 6:30 this morning, and it was rapidly growing hot even then. We do have two kiddie pools for the dogs. A very cheap investment for these seriously hot days. Hope you find something “cool” to wear!
Pingback: It’s Still Summer…And It’s Still Hot « It Just Dawned On Me