Certain moments in time just make me grin. It could be something as small as a shared smile or laughing out loud. I am becoming more and more aware that happiness is not in the destination. I will never, in this lifetime, come to a place where all is well, everything is perfect, and there are no worries. I am concerning myself less and less with the “if onlys” of life. If only, I could lose weight…then I’d be happy. If only, I didn’t have to worry about money, or had more money…then I’d be happy. If only, I had an exciting job…then I’d be happy. If onlys can be deadly to a life, draining it of the happiness that can be found in the small every day moments of the here and now. Moments that are weaved into each day. Moments that make this life worth living.
It is a continual learning process for me…and to be honest, I am not always good at it…this learning to be happy and thankful in the midst of the day. In the middle of the moments. The shimmer of light that, on some days, I search for in the darkness. I have much to be thankful for, much to rejoice in, and much to be happy about. So, I keep at it.
Not always easy, this realization.
Not always truly grasped, this epiphany.
But always there…when I look for it. With my eyes wide open.
*peanut butter M&M’s
*ooey, gooey smores
*laughing, really laughing, with my husband last night
*racing Hot Wheels cars
*a new pitcher of iced tea
*cat sitting on the windowsill
*people that care about me
*freshly washed bed linens
*early morning sunshine puddled on the living room floor
*driving back country roads to church
*new corn growing
*freshly tilled flower bed
*air conditioner that works
*flag flapping in the breeze
*a trip to the John Deere store, listening to the radio
Joy is a choice. It’s always a choice. Choose to live…right where you are.
- Why Filipinos are Always Laughing? (innermagicclub.wordpress.com)
- Inspiration: What If… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- A letter to God (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Being Thankful (viktormusili.wordpress.com)
- Thankful Thursday (werejumpin.wordpress.com)
- Full House, Full Heart (improvisedlife.wordpress.com)
- Thankful. (zescapist.wordpress.com)
- Grateful (melissafeddersen.com)
- Walking the Mile (cridcoeur.wordpress.com)
- Being Thankful and Aware (thoughtsinmyheart.wordpress.com)
- Time for a dash of gratitude! (renplus.wordpress.com)
- Keeping It Real With Jesus (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- A Golden Summer (goldenlover.wordpress.com)