Front porches, tree lined streets,
hometown parades, ice cream treats.
Lightning bugs, stars at night,
running barefoot, tea on ice.
Shucking corn, bumblebees
curtains blowing in the breeze.
Lemonade, country roads,
windows down, lawns need mowed.
Just washed linens smell like sun,
staying up late, having fun.
Coke in a bottle, feet in the sand,
old friendships, lots of plans.
Dawn Gibson 2011
- front porch (heatherbennett.wordpress.com)
- Summer Begins At Home… (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Recreate Summertime Memories (chronicillnesspaindevotionals.wordpress.com)
- Visiting memories (knowitallnanna.wordpress.com)
- Sweet Summer (miriyummy.wordpress.com)
- In The Still Of The Evening… (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- coldness as ice-cream of my heart (eternallove30.wordpress.com)
- The Boys are Back in Town (poopinmyhair.wordpress.com)
- Calories From the Ice Cream Truck (fitsugar.com)
- On Being a Professional Ice Cream Taster (paulinescookbook.wordpress.com)
- Sweet tooth stories… (crookedpage.wordpress.com)