I am in the middle of reading a great book called, Vintage Vavoom. It is a book that instructs the reader how to take second hand finds and use them in unique ways. I love the creativity in this book. I’m attempting to get some inspiration from my reading today…I could also use your help.
I have a large, old, brown picture frame that I acquired some time ago….not really even sure how long I’ve had it. I’m wanting to repurpose it. I know that I will paint it. White? Robin’s egg, blue? Mint green? I could make it into a fabric covered memo board, or bulletin board. Or I could use chalkboard paint and use the frame around that…I could take a piece of mirror I have and put this new frame around it, for a country-look.
Any other suggestions? I’m opened to others creative ideas.
I also have years of my grandmother’s tea towel calendars. You know the ones I mean? They are fabric calendars that have different motifs and colors. I have some from the 1960’s up through 1990’s. Some are in better condition than others. I love the vintage look and feel of them. I’m thinking maybe some decorative pillows? Frame them as graphic wall art? I really don’t want to use them as tea towels any longer, as I am trying to preserve them.
What do you think?
- Altered ART Handmade Designs – Recycle and Reuse Vintage Jewelry for One-of-a-Kind Jewelry Boxes and Picture Frames (rubylane.com)
- $ave it, Let me PAINT it!!! (bethanybeachdesigns.com)
- Giving Vintage Posters a Shot (casasugar.com)
- Special Touches for a Vintage Inspired Wedding (thevthotel.wordpress.com)
- Crafts: Project 1 of 5 (underestimatedmom.wordpress.com)
- Cool Idea: Pant Hanger Picture Frames (casasugar.com)
- Sunny (theanthropologieconnoisseur.wordpress.com)