Wow. It’s 4 o’clock in the afternoon and I am just getting around to blogging today. I’ve been busy…Mondays are always crazy.
I have my good days and bad days just like every other human being on the face of the Earth. And yet, I have so much good in my life…I am one of the blessed. Sometimes I forget that. In the grind of the every day, it is easy to overlook the best parts. The timeless, the priceless, the small moments. It occurred to me today that, hey, it’s summertime in the country!!! There is a lot to be thankful for……and you know what? There always is.
*My Country Living magazine came in the mail
*The breezy day blowing the curtains away from the windows
*Purple toenail polish
*A new Daytimer/Organizer
*Kids that are healthy and happy (most of the time)
*Hearing my husband’s voice on the phone
*Small town yard sale days
*For the friendly man in the truck that waved back at me
*Ice cream cones
*My son chatting with me online
*Hearing “I love you”
*The smell of lavender plants
*The air before a storm
*Running bare foot
*Sticky watermelon and juicy berries
*Parades and fireworks
*Pick up trucks
*Riding with the windows down
*Hair blowing in the wind
*Walks in the evening
*Playing with the dogs
*And sleepy nights.
Yeah. It’s good. Really good.
- Brooks And Dunn, “Hillbilly Deluxe.” Official Full Length Country Music Video with Lyrics. (top5gonewild.com)
- Truck Festival 2011: 10 Acts You Need To “Pick-Up” (informalflick.wordpress.com)
- Gourmet Ice Cream Sandwiches by Coolhaus (urbanfoodprint.wordpress.com)
- Trace Adkins – “All I Ask For Anymore.” Official Full Length Country Music Video. (top5gonewild.com)
- Summer gratitude (neverpictureperfect.wordpress.com)
- Country Living Feature and Giveaway (justsomethingimade.com)
- It’s summertime! (cakesharing.wordpress.com)
- The Sweet Tea Debate Heats Up (englishtea.us)
- Homemade – Nestlé’s Drumsticks (vandav.wordpress.com)
- Giveaway Winners: Ice Cream Coupon – 20 winners! (livingrichwithcoupons.com)
- How to make the wine of the south (organizedsahm.wordpress.com)
I am visiting from Ann’s place…I LOVE your list!! Traveling safety, the air before a storm and sticky watermelon…great blessings. Glad you found time to share today!