The words struck me. There was truth in the sting.
How often do I worry or show regret over things I’ve said, or done, or worse yet things I didn’t say or do? Then I worry about the future. The state of our country, the cost of gas, the cost of groceries, teens driving, jobs, money, relationships, conversations…Sadly, I could go on and on….and sure enough I am crucified. The hammer swings hard against me. YOU SHOULD HAVE. WHY DIDN’T YOU? YOU COULD HAVE. TAKE IT BACK. WHY DIDN’T YOU SAY SOMETHING! or….WHAT IF? I’M SCARED. I NEED. PLEASE?! I CAN’T. I WON’T. HELP ME!
32(For the Gentiles)…run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6 NIV
Don’t worry. My Heavenly Father already knows what I need.
Don’t worry about tomorrow…each day has enough trouble of its own. (So why borrow trouble from the future?)
Worry is a verb…but, so is trust, and which will I do?
I’m thankful that God knows me. Personally.
I’m thankful that I am loved by the One that holds the future (my future!) in His hands.
*Cool breezes through an open window
*Less oppressive heat
*Pillows for the deck hammock that have giraffe print
*Finding new country decorating blogs
*Men who sing Amazing Grace
*Children that love me
*Trips to Tractor Supply
*Half tea, half lemonade
*Shade on sunny days
*Walks with my hubby
*Dirty dishes, dirty clothes, dirty floor
*A God that already knows all of my tomorrows and…
tells me not to worry.
Will you share the multitudes of ways that you are thankful?
- 25. Something you’re currently worrying about. (spinningredemption.wordpress.com)
- Enduring Afflictions in the course of our days: 1 Nephi 1:1 (mormonapologeticstudies.org)
- Take up thy journey into the wilderness: 1 Nephi 2:1-7 (mormonapologeticstudies.org)
- Today is the Tomorrow We Worried About (onepowerfulword.wordpress.com)
- It’s All Good (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- “The Purpose for Worry” – Friday, June 10 (fbcrfamily.wordpress.com)
- Colorful hammocks get in the swing for sumemr (sfgate.com)
- Cool Hammocks for Warm Days (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Because you have sought me out diligently: 1 Nephi 2:16-19 (mormonapologeticstudies.org)