It’s Monday and I already know it will be a very busy Monday. I have much to accomplish today, lots to check off my mental to do list. I can already feel my body tensing, and my mind racing at top speed. How can I be most efficient with my time? How will I get everything completed?
Not enough time! Not enough time!
Slow down. Take a breath.
Say thank you.
Breathe in the joy of the everyday.
A gift. I need to slow myself…and appreciate, be in awe of the fleeting moments.
I have a sign hanging in my kitchen, a sign my oldest son gave me as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. I keep the sign up year round.
“It’s a Wonderful Life” , beautifully matted and framed.
Yes, it is the title of a favorite holiday movie…..but, it could… and should be my motto.
Because thankfulness does bring joy– And joy makes for a wonderful life.
A daily reminder.
* Emerald green, springtime grass
* Wet smell after the rain
* Eggs and toast for breakfast
* Long hugs from my child
* My husband laughing
* A good nights sleep
* A floor that needs swept
* A bathroom that needs cleaned
* Errands to run
* Candles in the windows
* A full eucharisteo board
* Bare feet on concrete
* The smell of coffee
* Hands and fingers that type without pain
* A smile
I will praise the name of God with song, And shall magnify Him with thanksgiving. Psalm 69:30
Won’t you take a moment and drop by? Visit with others who are sharing Multitudes On Mondays?
- Deep Breath In (changingshapes.wordpress.com)
- Breathe (feelipleephilip.wordpress.com)
- Mind Control: Coping with Chronic Pain (psychologytoday.com)
- Take a deep breath, let it out with a… (interplayfriday.wordpress.com)
- In which the boys learn about dog breath (katiefoutz.wordpress.com)
- Calm Your Nerves With Relaxation Exercises (everydayhealth.com)