“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he dies, yet shall he live.” John 11:25
How many of us have stood over a casket, looking down at one we loved?
Tears leaking down our cheeks…already missing the one that is gone.
The body so still. The breath has ceased. The lids now closed.
Burial. In the ground. Dirt covered.
And we weep.
Jesus‘ words ring out in the darkness. The darkness of hopelessness. The darkness of fear. The darkness of death.
I am the resurrection.
and the life. Alive again. Living. Breathing. In glory.
He who believes in me, though he dies,
yet shall he live. Shall live. With Him. Forever. Real. Oh, so real.
No more heart hurt, no more rampant cancer, no more diseased body, no more accidents, no more shallow breathing, no more depression, no more pain, no more poor vision, no more sickness…
Believe in Me, Jesus whispers to our souls.
I have conquered death. I have taken your place.
It is finished. Words that echo through the ages.
How is Easter real to you? Not only on a Sunday in April…but, all year long?
- I AM the RESURRECTION and the LIFE (jesusmylordandsavior.wordpress.com)
- The 3 Sweetest Words of Easter (richardburkey.wordpress.com)
- Easter and the resurrection (wordsofgrace.wordpress.com)
- What Easter Means to Me! (14christalone.wordpress.com)
- He is risen, Alleluia! (graceepiscopalofludington.com)
- Easter: The Most Important Day in History (provocativechristian.wordpress.com)