Mary had the heart of a mother, when she admitted that she did not understand the purpose of Jesus‘ death. She knew He was the son of God, and yet she watched Him be hung on a cross to die. To die. Her heart bled out, along with her son’s. She knew He was God, but He was also her son…whom she loved. “Why, God? Why? It doesn’t make sense to me!”
Today, on the way home from a short trip into town, I was practicing my lines. Her words, so much she did not understand, echo back to my own heart. So much, I do not understand. I have the blessing of knowing that death was not the end for Jesus. I am able to celebrate the resurrection that followed. At the time, right after the crucifixion, Mary did not know…..yet.
Isn’t that like so many of us? God does something in our lives…and we question Him. We shake our fists. We cry out. It’s not fair! Why me? I don’t understand. What is the purpose?
God in His infinite wisdom knows. Nothing comes as a surprise to Him. He is never caught off guard.
If God was small enough for me to understand Him (a woman who doesn’t understand her own computer), He wouldn’t be much of a God now, would He? I cannot put God in a box. Sometimes He does things that seem like they don’t make sense…at least not to my human, finite mind. I feel very much like Mary, standing in the dark on that day, wondering why? I am grateful that God does not require my permission to complete His plan.
So, this Easter I will celebrate God’s plan. A holy plan. A perfect plan. A plan that took His Son to the cross, to pay the price…for me. That’s how much He loves you…and me. Redeemed by the blood of the lamb. The pure and blameless sacrifice…
- Are You Living In Friday? (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- God’s Plan for the first Easter (marytucker26.wordpress.com)
- Journey To The Cross: Snapshot 4 (powerofamoment.com)
- At Easter, What About the Two Thieves on the Cross – Which Cross Represents You ? (lnger.wordpress.com)
- How Easter Killed My Faith in Atheism (loyaltothemagisterium.wordpress.com)
- At The Foot Of The Cross? (christinaredeemed.wordpress.com)
- Woman, behold thy son … Behold thy mother (thepauls.wordpress.com)