The quiet moments. The moments of thought and reflection.
Sacrifice. Pain. Tears.
“Crucify Him! Crucify Him!” The crowds of so long ago, shouted. Their voices echo through time… I cannot blame them. They were imperfect sinners. Just like me. I was in that crowd.
My sin crucified my Lord. It wasn’t just “other people”. It was me. My sin, put Him there. His love for me, kept Him there.
Selfishness! The slam of the hammer, as the nails pierced His flesh.
Pride! His face twisted in agony.
Resentment! The burden on His shoulders.
Bitterness! The blood dripped down.
God, forgive me. Please forgive me.
You Took My Place
The thorns on your head
blood, runs red.
You hung on a Roman cross
for sin not your own,
the pain unbearable
the sounds of your groan.
You could have called angels to deliver you, free
but you stayed there…you stayed there for me.
“Father forgive her
She doesn’t know!”
You saw me, you knew me
before time began,
you hung on that cross
the Savior of man.
You took the blame
You bore my shame.
knowing your sacrifice
your gift of grace…
Would deliver me from
death…and its dark face.
The stone rolled away
You are alive, no longer dead!
You stand victorious
Just like you said!
—Dawn Gibson 2011
Won’t you join us, as we walk with Him?
- Passion Sunday (Palm Sunday) (savedbygodsgrace.wordpress.com)
- What Easter Means to Me! (14christalone.wordpress.com)
- Embracing Christ and the Cross (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- Washing Hands (godspace.wordpress.com)
- Bible Study: The Seven Last Words (part 3) (idkh.org)
- Why Did Jesus Have to Die? (rockavibe.com)
- Face to face with the cross. (screaminggoose.wordpress.com)
- The Son Will Rise (savings2envy.org)
- Seven Words of Love (lettersforhome.wordpress.com)