My intention was to finish my story from yesterday….but, that will have to wait until tomorrow. I’m too wound up to type something serious this morning.
Some days are better than others. Just sayin’.
1. The indoor pets needed their flea treatments. The weather is getting warmer and fleas and ticks are already becoming an issue.
2. My husband was gone to a meeting in the evening. I was left to my own device.
3. My son helped with giving the dog a flea treatment. The dog behaved himself at the time….but, then proceeded to roll around in the grass afterward —during his evening walk. Sigh. I hope any nasty little blood sucking varmints that happened to be in said grass, were repelled. Sigh again.
4. I commissioned my daughter to help with the two indoor cats. I had been noticing a little scratching going on (with the cats, not her) and decided we needed to treat them now, while the getting is good.
5. The cats were okay during the treatment, that takes all of 60 seconds. Joe (the senior citizen cat) took it like a champ. No problemo. Nikki, my calico, stalker kitty….not so much.
6. She sulked in my closet all evening. I tried to get her to come out, but she just turned her head and continued to lay on my shoes. It was a major snub.
7. FINE! Lay in there and I hope you don’t roll over and poke yourself with a high heel!!!! Hmmppfff.
8. Well, Nikki finally emerged, but if ever a cat was ticked off….it was her. Cross my heart and hope to die, if she could speak…she would have cursed me. I’m sure of it.
9. She skulked around.
10. Bedtime came. She usually lays at the foot of the bed…..after she gets pet and loved on.
11. Last night she decided to show her ire, by PEEING on the bed. Right up near me. As a matter of fact she peed all over my new Country Living magazine that I was just settling down to read….and a book….and on the quilt, which soaked through to the blanket underneath.
12. At the moment I did not see what was going on…..but, my husband did and grabbed her by the scruff of her neck. He carried her out to the laundry room–where she was banished for the rest of the night.
13. While that was going on, I had to strip the bed linens and wash them in hot, soapy water….at 11pm at night. I was not a happy camper. In my mind I was thinking up horrible sayings….things like….”There’s more than one way to skin a cat.” Yeah.
14. Nikki was crying in the laundry room and I was yelling back, “Suck it up sister. You pee you pay!” (along with maniacal, sleep deprived laughter)
15. She got out of detention this morning….none worse for the wear.
16. The bedroom is OFF limits to her today. She is NOT pleased.
17. Hey, that’s the price ya gotta pay, girlie. You do the crime, you do the time.
18. My bed is now fresh and clean.
19. I am in a much better mood.
20 And Nikki is sulking behind the file cabinet in the school room.
AND THAT IS MY LIFE…..end of story.
- Lifespan of Calico Cats (brighthub.com)
- God Must Have A Sense Of Humor (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- How Women’s Brains Are Like Calico Cats (psychologytoday.com)
- Dealing With A Cat Who Pees All Over The House (apartmenttherapy.com)
- fleas in my apartment from cat (ask.metafilter.com)
- Cats – Getting Rid Of Fleas Or Ticks (animaltopics.com)
- What is the Best Flea Medicine for Cats? (brighthub.com)
- Cats’ madness! (photojunction.net)
- Tips to Use Essential Oils for Flea Control in Cats (brighthub.com)
- What’s the Best Flea Treatment for Cats? (brighthub.com)