There are days when I am beyond tired.
I’m not just sleepy. I don’t need a nap.
My spirit is sagging. I am worn down and run ragged.
The race is long and the finish line is no where in sight.
I’m about to give up… or give in.
I am soul weary.
My weariness drives me to the only One who can give me the rest that I yearn for.
The One whose words are true.
The One who walks with me…and on days when I am too weary to walk on my own,
Psalm 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. —– My shelter.
Isaiah 40:31 But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. — My renewal.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. — My peace.
This month we are talking about rest over at Faith Barista. Click on the Faith Barista Jam graphic on my right sidebar to find out more.
- My Sunday Thoughts (terri0729.wordpress.com)
- Sheltering Love (breathedeeply.org)
- A Spirituality Of Weariness (nearwestclevepastor.wordpress.com)
- God and Coffee (awarmcupofcomfort.wordpress.com)
- Come To Me, All You Who Are Weary and Burdened (itakeoffthemask.com)
- When We Become Weary (laurenjordin.wordpress.com)
- A song about weariness (hopeworksrecoveryjournal.wordpress.com)