This winter storm is something else.I spent most of the night listening to everything we had on the deck being flung down to the other end of the deck. Even our huge, heavy grill. Seriously powerful wind.
This morning my son, K, had to take Lonnie the wonder dog, out to do his morning business. Forget the postman delivering mail in rain, snow, sleet or hail…..what about a dog owner having to get the pooch outside in this weather? K suited up with coat, hat, boots, gloves for the stint outside. Lonnie on the other hand, was totally oblivious to the storm on the other side of the laundry room door. All he knew was that he had to go. Let’s make it snappy, pappy!
The door opened and the cold and wind smacked them both in the face. ( I on the other hand only looked on, snuggled up in my cozy robe.) Now, keep in mind my family and I live in a field. There are no wind breaks. It’s always windy here in rural Ohio, but today the wind is 40-50 mph. It is snowing and there is a thin sheen of ice on everything. Not the best of conditions for walking the dog. I sort of felt sorry for K, but not enough to walk the dog for him.
I briefly saw Lonnie go flying by the window. The poor dog only weighs 19 lbs, so it is a good thing K had him leashed or he might have ended up in Pennsylvania. As it was, he was part dog and part kite.
Poor Lonnie dog. Having to pee in 40 mph winds. Not an easy feat…especially for a 19 lb. dog that is hanging on for dear life.
Lonnie the wonder dog is resilient. He toughed it out. When he re-entered the laundry room, he shook off the cold and snow. He then made his way back to “his” rug in front of the fireplace. It’s all in a days work.
- Lonnie, The Wonder Dog (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Simply NOT Acceptable (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Welcoming A New Family Member (coffeemuses.com)
- US Braced For Massive Winter Snow Storm (news.sky.com)
- Heavy snow is headed our way – Kansas City Star (news.google.com)
- Dropping snow level, winds could cause problems along mountain roads (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Arctic front brings high wind, dangerous cold ()
- Winds knock out power to about 5,000 Memphians (commercialappeal.com)
- A storm of historic proportions (thegazette.com)
- Winter storm 2011 – “storm of the century” hits farmers hard – Examiner.com (news.google.com)
- Winter Storm Warning Feb 2011: Snow To Hit Toronto/Hamilton, Ont. (nowpublic.com)