I won the alphabet game!! Woo hoo! It’s the small things in life that matter…especially when
stuck bonding with family on a 9 hour road trip. Usually, my husband wins the alphabet game on family trips. He said he was busy driving and couldn’t fully concentrate. Excuses. Excuses. I take my wins however I can get them.
We played Crack The Code (a mystery card game), and Twenty Questions
which my husband also almost always wins. My husband and I listened to talk radio, and the kids played on their PSP‘s, and computer. We listened to our oldest son recite poetry. All in all no one pulled their hair out it was a good trip. Family togetherness. Because between the luggage, Christmas presents, and junk we were crammed in like sardines
I am not a fan of toll roads. A family is pretty much stuck in the matter of where to eat dinner on the road. If one gets off the toll road, one pays. Or if one gets off accidentally, thinking it’s a rest area, one pays.
Not that, that happened to us. Arrgh.
We ended up eating at Tim Horton’s. I love Tim Hortons for coffee and hot chocolate, but the food is
highway robbery expensive. That’s true of most eating establishments these days.
survived had a good trip. Enjoying today. Visiting family. Relaxing. Life is good.
- How Much will the New Toll Road system Cost You? (assist247.co.za)
- Tim Hortons gets title sponsorship for outdoor game as part of deal with NHL (thehockeynews.com)
- Road Trip Pic of the Week, 12/23: What is this? (news.cnet.com)
- Road Trip Song (realmendriveminivans.com)
- Tim Hortons to close 36 restaurants in New England (sfgate.com)
- Store clerk foils Tim Hortons robbery (cbc.ca)
- Deliver Me From the Holiday Road Trip to Hell (blogher.com)
- Winter 2010 Issue of American Road Magazine Gives a Nod to Noël (prweb.com)
- Road Trip Pic of the Week, 12/16: What is this? (news.cnet.com)
- Road Trip!! (fishofgold.wordpress.com)
- How to survive a road trip with your better half (travelinglinds.wordpress.com)
- Geek Toys : Back to the Future: The Card Game (thinkgeek.com)