The past couple of nights I haven’t slept very well. Last night was the worst. Wide awake at 3:30 a.m. Man, that stinks. I rolled over trying a different sleep position. No success. I fluffed my pillows. Nothing. I rolled back over and readjusted my blankets. Zilch. I was getting a bit miffed. If I can’t sleep, I desperately try not to wake my husband. He has trouble sleeping anyway, and once he is awake the TV comes on. I hate the TV on when I’m trying to sleep.
He woke up.
Sleep….sleep……why can’t I sleep? Now, the TV is on, and I had to get up to use the bathroom. Why couldn’t I have a bigger bladder? I had to turn the light on in the bathroom. Which doesn’t help the go back to sleep thing. I feel compelled to turn on the light at night ever since I had the rodent visitor scurry past my feet while I was sitting on the toilet a few months ago. I’m still scarred.
So, I woke up this morning and was not in a good mood. I looked like something the cat dragged home….and felt like it too. To add to my torture, my husband woke up happy and told me he loved me and told me good morning with a big smile on his face. I’m surprised I didn’t scare him. He is a brave man. He is still in a good mood. WHAT’S WRONG WITH HIM???? To add to my already festive spirit…the Christmas tree lights aren’t lighting, and my computer was “not responding”. It froze up in the middle of my blogging. NOT GOOD.
Maybe I’ll go outside on the front porch and scream. The only ones that will hear me are the llamas across the road…and they already know I’m crazy.
- Top 10 Ways to Sleep Smarter and Better (lifehacker.com)
- Menopause and Sleep (everydayhealth.com)
- Skip the Milk: There’s a Better Way to Beat Insomnia (aolhealth.com)
- Hibernating (ladybirdinfrance.blogspot.com)
- German night milk may aid insomniacs (guardian.co.uk)
- Search bonanza (bbc.co.uk)
- Insomnia (mobigasmic.blogspot.com)
- White House press corps sleepwalks through Asia (cnn.com)
- Snazzy Napper Sleep Shield – Dream Come True or Total Nightmare? (stylelist.com)
- Make Bedtime Fun with Flexa loft beds (flexa.co.uk)
- Beauty and Sleep: The Science Behind Beauty Rest (abcnews.go.com)
- Beauty sleep concept ‘not a myth’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Sleep Deprivation Makes You Ugly, Say Swedish Scientists (cbsnews.com)
- “Beauty sleep is not a myth, according to new scientific study” and related posts (personalmoneystore.com)
- 10 Tips to Get Kids on a Sleep Schedule (everydayhealth.com)
- Lack of Sleep Hurts Your Looks (webmd.com)
- Study: People Need Beauty Sleep (patspapers.com)
- Sleep deprived? Your looks may suffer (cnn.com)