I am now calm enough to blog about my Walmart fiasco. I nearly had a melt down.
1. I went in last Monday to drop off my son’s prescription. (La la la….a nice day:)
2. It is a common medicine.
3. I’ve done it a million times before.(at least it seems that way, because I’m the one who has to visit the pharmacy all the time)
4. I went in Tuesday morning to pick it up.( big smile. lovely day.)
5. Sorry, we’re out of the meds is what the pharmacy tech told me.
6. Why didn’t I get a call? This is a wasted trip. (still smiling. still calm.)
7. Sorry mam. Computers don’t make phone calls.(says the young chick at the counter who flipped her hair around while she spoke AT me)
8. PEOPLE DO! IT’S CALLED COURTESY, IF YOU ARE OUT OF MEDS. LUCKY FOR YOU NO ONE IS DYING. (was my kind reply)
9. The medicine will be in by 5pm TOMORROW.(she snarks at me)
11. I couldn’t go on Wednesday evening.
12. So I went with my son Thursday morning. Before his class. (We left early)
13. I waited in the line at the pharmacy behind an elderly couple who had at least 10 meds between them.(bless their hearts)
14. I was trying to be patient, but I only had a few minutes until I had to have my son to his class.
15. Tick. Tock.
17. I am about to scream. (At least in my head)
18. I finally got to the cashier at the counter.
19. This was a different pharm. tech.
20. An older lady.
21. Sorry we are out of those meds.
23. After I um….show my irritation……the pharmacist overheard me.
24. Mam. I am so sorry. That first tech should not have told you that the meds would be in.
25. That does nothing for me now. We are totally out of meds. I’ve been here THREE times. Still nothing. I mean do I need to schedule an appointment to get the medication? I thought Walmart was all about customer service.
26. THAT is a huge let down. Ugh.
27. The pharmacist called Krogers (grocery) next door. They had the meds.
28. My son and I drove over to the next shopping center.
29. I went in. I dropped off the prescription. (which Wmart had given back)
30. Can’t have it ready until after 12.
32. We drove clear across town to his school.
33. Dropped him off. (with no meds)
34. I drove clear BACK across town to pick up the meds.
35. I get the stinkin’ meds in my possession.
36. FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!
37. I haven’t been this frustrated or frazzled in a long time.
38. My own blood pressure was probably sky high at this point. It’s a wonder I didn’t stroke out.
39. I can understand why some people go postal.
40. I have a headache just reliving this ordeal.
Thank you for listening to my vent. You may now go back to your regularly scheduled life.
- Where can I get 4 dollar generic prescriptions? (compassioninpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Walmart drug plan for seniors may not be best deal (sfgate.com)
- Walmart Drug Plan May Not Be Best for Seniors (aolhealth.com)
- Can Kroger Beat Wal-Mart? (blogs.forbes.com)
- 31 days without Walmart – Buying a new camera (notesfromthefunnyfarm.wordpress.com)
- Walmart joins Homeland Security terror fight (msnbc.msn.com)
- At U.S. Supreme Court, Christmas Comes Early for Wal-Mart (politicsdaily.com)
- Walmart My Holiday – Walmart (itunes.apple.com)