I’m wanting to take it off. Just be done with it. Who needs it anyway? That’s right. I’m talking about my hair. I’m ready for a new look. Something different, daring, and fun. I’ve grown my hair out long enough. First of all my hair takes FOREVER to grow…and by the time I get it long enough, it starts to get dry and frizzy and I can’t stand it. So, I’m taking the plunge.
I’ve been a fan of Meg Ryan for years. Her medium length, choppy bobs are a favorite. The picture above is one of my absolute favorite of her hair styles. I’m thinking that I will try for this look. I realize that I will not look as cute as she does (I wish!) but, hey it could still work for me. The hair is still long enough to pull back if I feel like it, yet still looks cute if I wear it down straight. Yep. This is the one.
Now, that I’m T-tapping on a near daily basis, eating better, and making sure to take my multi-vitamins/supplements…I feel like I should put some “zip” back into my look. And for those of you out there, that doubt me, a woman in her early 40’s can still have “zip”. Get back with me in a few more months and I’ll prove it!
1. Getting a good hair cut, might not be life changing…but, it can feel like it!
2. Hair is a big deal.
3. That is why women are grumpy if they are having a bad hair day.
4. A woman’s hair is her crowning glory.
5. A good stylist is worth every penny.
6. Even if a hair cut is not exactly what you wanted, or even down right bad, hair DOES grow back. Lesson learned.
7. A secret…I’ve cut my own hair before. Not often. But, I have done it.
8. I let my husband cut my hair before, too. He actually did a pretty good job.
9. I love being a blond.
10. Mousse and hair spray can be a girls best friend. As can barrettes and hair clips. Just sayin’.
- Reader Comments: Defending the Right to Long Hair (nytimes.com)
- A Snip Here And A Snip There – Shijiazhuang, China (travelpod.com)
- How To Create A Faux Bob (stylelist.com)
- Easy Hair Style for Work (hairstyling.suite101.com)
- Hair Woes: Why I Straighten My Hair (blogher.com)