Now we have some serious wind to add to the snow that we have piled up around here. When I say “serious” wind, I mean it! The wind in Logan County is vicious. Of course, the fact that our house is setting in the middle of a field with no windbreaks (at all) does not help matters. The wind makes it feel a lot colder and also makes it impossible to keep any sort of respectable hairstyle. I have given up on that front. A hair clip is now my friend. Either that or have my tresses resemble something a rat made a nest in. (Don’t you love that visual?) The snowing and blowing going on around here makes my front yard look like a snow globe that has been shook one too many times.
I’m sitting at the kitchen counter. I see the forlorn mailbox at the end of our driveway. The mailbox door limply hanging open. Our mailbox filled full of snow. What a sad looking mailbox. There is some comfort in the fact that our neighbor’s mailbox looks worse than ours does. It is resembling the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I’m sure the mail lady just loves winter mailboxes. Who knew all the weird angles and bent doors that one mailbox could display?
This afternoon I will be baking some brownies. Cold, snowy days are made for baking. With the weather here lately, I will weigh 900 lbs. before we see the spring thaw. Hey, and I have plenty of milk to go with those brownies. I’m just sayin’.
- Fighting With The Mailbox (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Mailboxes and Pizza Delivery (dickstersrandomthoughts.com)
- “Mailbox Monday ~ January 24th” and related posts (bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com)
- Real-life mailbox mod tells your iPhone when you’ve got snail mail (video) (engadget.com)
- Mailboxes smashed in Kings County (cbc.ca)
- The Great Postal War of ’10 (momblognetwork.com)
- What’s In Your Mailbox? (forthemommas.com)
- What’s In Your Mailbox? (livingrichwithcoupons.com)
- Student Mailboxes for Classroom Organization (brighthub.com)
- The passive-aggressive mailbox prankster (passiveaggressivenotes.com)