The notebook is worn. The pages wrinkled and stained.
Eucharisteo is written in black permanent marker across the front of the book.
A book of thanks…for all the moments. All the moments, that truly are gifts.
Little things. Simple things. Big things. Life changing moments.
The first words written…
1. healing 2. family bonds 3. hugs 4. a much needed massage 5. Lonnie 6. warm cookies 7. funny jokes 8. warm blankets 9. quiet evenings 10. walking the dogs 11. reading a good book 12. love 13. my friends 14. a hot drink of coffee 15. crazy quotes 16. laughter 17. cozy socks 18. soft light 19. a warm shower 20. inspiration
The list continued throughout the year…trying to capture the beauty in each day. The climb to one thousand things. The gifts that God gave me. The gifts He continues to give. The more I wrote, the more I saw.
The thanksgiving never ends, because the Giver always gives.
If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! Matthew 7:11 NIV
The roar of the wind, the snow globe world, the whistle of a train, phone calls from friends. Early morning sunrises of purple and pink, bright sunshine, and blog comments. Scripture that assures me, having a purpose, clean kitchen counters, and a casserole in the oven that smells so good.
Each moment captured with the pen…so I remember.
I want to be reminded, so on days that are gray and unclear…I will know that the Giver still gives. He has not forgotten me. When times are hard (and those times always come!) I will be reminded of His love for me and it will be (is) with my thanksgiving, that I show Him my love.
That my legacy will stand firm. That future generations will read and know, that God is good. Always good.
And, always the Giver… of life.
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17 NIV
The list continues today:
* having a good hair day
* leftovers in the fridge
* dandelions that color the front yard
* a chicken coop almost done
* being able to touch student’s lives
* a favorite, well worn pair of sweat pants
* beautiful, goofy pictures
* Easter morning
* The Resurrection
- the giver (bringinganahome.wordpress.com)
- A Thousand More… (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- The challenge of the blessing (setwatchman.com)
- A Gift To Be Simple (cindyholman.com)
- James1:17 God Is A Giver (destinedtocreate.com)
- Grudging Gift Gratitude (reeknittingwordswithgod.wordpress.com)
- Continued thoughts on “One Thousand Gifts” by Ann Voskamp (part 1) (postalice.wordpress.com)