1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!
OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::
Today’s prompt reminded me of the Tim McGraw song, Back When. For whatever reason when I saw the word remember, this tune popped into my head. If you’ve never heard the song, the premise is about remembering “back when”.
So, I’m going to make up my own “lyrics” to the song, on the fly.
Remember back in the 80′s when legwarmers were crazy? And all the girls wanted to tear the necks out of their sweatshirts so they could look like the girl from Flashdance? Who watched Fame and thought they wanted to dance and sing at the school of performing arts?
Who remembers Duran Duran and Boy George? And Michael Jackson? Everyone wanted to do the Thriller dance.
And asymmetrical haircuts and big hair and neon colored earrings? It’s totally tubular! And wicked awesome!
Jordache jeans and high top Reeboks? The preppy look and layered shirts.
Facts of Life at the girls school in Peekskill, New York….wanting friends like Blair, Jo, Natalie and Tootie.
Trapper Keepers and passing notes. Phones with extra long extension cords. And Friday night football games.
Sure, the 80′s were crazy, but I loved the 80′s.
I’ll always remember the 80′s as my decade!
- We didn’t own an iPad: reworked Billy Joel song goes viral on YouTube (standard.co.uk)
- D for Duran Duran (80smusicmixtape.wordpress.com)
- Presenting my “mostly 80′s” blog and Duran Duran (mostly80s.wordpress.com)