Dear Faithful Readers,
I am sorry that I have not been able to blog for the last few days. I have been sick…with fever, chills, and chest congestion, and oh….that breathing thing has not been easy. I’ve been trying to rest. Today I am feeling somewhat better, even though at times I feel like I am about to cough up a lung.
Today while checking my blog, I got the kindest comment from one of my readers. It really made my day!
I was nominated for the SUNSHINE BLOG AWARD. Thank you so much, Meshawn for nominating me for this award, which is given to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” !
Rules to Accept the Award:
1) Include the award logo in a post or somewhere on your blog.
2) Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3) Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers.
4) Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
5) Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Now for the answers you all have been waiting for! Ten interesting questions….with ten, even more interesting answers, from yours truly.
1. What is a favorite childhood memory? I’d have to say family get togethers. Some of my very best memories are having home made ice cream we cousins, helped to crank ourselves (yes, the old fashioned way!). Then playing kick ball or wiffle ball with the cousins. I feel very blessed by my family.
2. What is a real fear you have? Most people that know me, know I don’t like spiders or clowns. I think those are phobias more than fear. My biggest fear, as a mom, is that something would happen to my children. Something I have no control over. I know that God loves my children even more than I do. He knows them better than I do. Nothing will happen to them that would be a surprise to Him. I try to give this fear to the Lord….but, being human I keep taking it back and try to deal with it myself. It is tiring…and I need to give it to God and just let Him keep it. Amen.
3. How would you describe yourself? You mean besides, wonderful, warm, and witty? Haha. Just kidding. Um….I’m a very aesthetic person. I love colors, textures….how things make me feel. I need my quiet time to rejuvenate, and if I don’t get it, well….I can be grumpy. I love old houses with character, long country roads, geese flying in a V-formation, the muffled quiet of newly fallen snow, hot chocolate, the blaze of Autumn, and the smell of chimney smoke. I love the wild flowers in meadows, and the way my dog is always happy to see me. I like to hang out with my husband doing everything and nothing. I love being a mom. I really, really do. Above all else, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. The most important part of me.
4. What states have you lived in? Born and raised as a Maryland girl! Nothing better than Maryland crabs–with Old Bay. Ocean City. The Inner Harbor. The Chesapeake Bay. The beautiful mountains of western Maryland. Tennessee….for 22 years. Love that state. Go VOLS. Orange and White. The Smoky Mountains. Knoxville. Dollywood. Ohio…..rural beauty. The Amish. Farmland. Space. Slow drives on the back roads. And getting to own some chickens!!
5. What is your style? I consider myself funky/eclectic/traditional. Take that as you will….I’m not sure exactly what it means either.
6. What is your favorite breakfast food? Eggs. Eggs…and did I mention eggs? I love them. They are the perfect food. This is also part of the reason that I am now a new chicken owner.
7. What are some of your hobbies? Love to go “junkin’”. I’m the one who can spend a Saturday morning roaming around old shops, digging through boxes, and finding treasures. I also love rides in the country. I’ve started to enjoy taking pictures of rural settings. I love to read good books, and decorate. And of course, I love to write and blog!
8. If you could tell people anything…what would be the most important thing to say? That “you are loved”. No matter where you come from, what you’ve done in your past….you are deeply loved by Jesus Christ. I read a quote today that sums it up. I’d like to share it.
Every religion has a prophet who is pointing people to God. Jesus is the only one who says, “I am God, and I am coming to find you.” ~Tim Keller
9. What is one of your “passions”? I have many….. I would be remiss if I did not mention my desire to advocate for the special needs community. This group, will always have a special place in my heart. Always.
10. What is one truth that you have learned? That life is short. It is for all of us. We need to wrap our mind around that. Whether we live one hour, or one hundred years….in the scope of eternity it is all short. Be wise in how you spend your time, your most valuable possession.
My Ten Nominees Are…..(Drum Roll Please)……..
Congratulations and keep blogging! I love reading what you have to say:)